Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”... for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that make you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
Collaboration and Sketchbooks – THIS WEEK we will be having a 5 minute conversation about the collaborative PEER / SELF Evaluation regarding your sketchbooks for the week. 10 minute before class ends, we will pair up with someone NEW and Self / Peer evaluate – and then hand them in!
Art Foundations 2D: Cube, Windows and Doors, Peaked Roof with an overhang, sidewalk that recedes properly – TEAM and PAIR SHARE with one another – Torn out of sketchbook – NAME AT TOP – HANDED IN at the end of class.
- 1.4 create, and solve 2 Point Perspective: CUBE, Windows, Doors, Roof, and Sidewalks using 1.4.1 analysis (breaking up the subject matter to basic elements)
REQUIREMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY:
- Horizon Line
- Vanishing Points
- Window and Door with Wall Thickness
- Peaked Roof with overhang
- Sidewalk in front of the “house” with the “cracks” receding properly
- Sidewalk coming out from the door to the other sidewalk.
“What part of the drawing process did you struggle with today? Where did you and your partner have issues that you were unable to fix? Please write this is your Comments portion of the GOALS sheet.”
Drawing: Make photos of your PRELIMINARY THUMBNAILS, the STILL LIFE AS IT IS, and the DRAWING AS IT IS TODAY. Homework – go to the Google Drive: Create a NEW DOCUMENT: Under FILE; NEW; FROM TEMPLATE – Look up KORB and then use the: Korb Evaluation Rubric Template ORIGINAL. Change the name to: HOUR Last Name Paper Figure Drawing – Try this otherwise HERE.
Today – Draw.
- 2.2 Evaluate the effectiveness of your artwork
- 1.2 Create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to materials, techniques and process.
What are your thoughts about the idea of the composition / paper bag as subject matter? WRITE THAT IN YOUR GOAL SHEETS. Why do you feel this is worthy / unworthy / simple / complicated
AP Studio Art: Continue to work on the BREADTH WORK and the CONCENTRATION work. How are you doing?
- 3.5 evaluate and defend how 3.5.1 subject matter 3.5.2 symbols are used in art
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art in your time for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context (what might this mean as we look at ALL of the class work?)
Looking back at the first half of the week, what major accomplishments have you made that helps you stand out from the rest of the class?