Content Area: Art and Design (A) – Click HERE for the full PDF
Standard 1 – CREATE: Students will generate, develop, and refine artistic work.
- A.A.Cr.10.h: Investigate: Engage in critical thinking, problem solving, and research through elements and principles of art and design studio practices and processes.
- A.A.Cr.11.h: Plan: Formulate original concepts by practice, experimentation, and revision
- A.A.Cr.12.h: Make: Develop unique, well crafted works of art utilizing deliberate choice of media, tools, and techniques.
Standard 2 – PRESENT: Students will develop, refine, and convey meaning through the production and presentation artistic work.
- A.A.Pr.10.h: Develop Meaning: Curate a body of work incorporating personal, historical and contemporary art to communicate one or more points of view
- A.A.Pr.11.h: Communicate: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social and cultural beliefs, and contextual understandings.
- A.A.Pr.12.h: Share: Curate and exhibit artwork for presentation, portfolio development, and/or preservation.
Standard 3 – RESPOND: Students will critically interpret intent and meaning in order to evaluate artistic work.
- A.A.R.16.h: Describe: Describe the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, time frame, or culture.
- A.A.R.17.h: Analyze: Distinguish the qualities and relationships between the components, style, and preferences communicated by media, design, artworks, and artists.
- A.A.R.18.h: Interpret: Explain the intent, meanings and impacts of different media works of art and design, considering complex factors of context and perspective.
- A.A.R.19.h: Inquire: Hypothesize the intent behind a work or a collection of art works and cite evidence to support an interpretation.
- A.A.R.20.h: Evaluate: Determine or develop relevant criteria and evaluate the effectiveness of design, media, and artworks to influence ideas, feelings, and reactions of specific audiences.
Standard 4 – CONNECT: Students will relate their artistic work with prior experience and external context.
- A.A.Cn.10.h: Interdisciplinary: Apply interdisciplinary perspectives in own artistic work.
- A.A.Cn.11.h: Career Connections: Research or experience options in art and design careers.
- A.A.Cn.12.h: Cultural, Social, and Historical Awareness: Compare purposes of art in a variety of social, cultural, and historical contexts.