“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Hallway Drawing / Painting
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design
- Does the use of LINE become a DOMINANT element in your artwork or are you seeing other elements as coming to the forefront of the composition? Explain your thoughts about the DOMINANT ideas.
Reflection / Evaluation: What color scheme have you begun to think about? Why? how does it DESCRIBE YOUR feelings toward the SIMPLIFICATION of the SPACE / SURROUNDINGS / COLOR?
Studio Art 360: Sketchbook Day! Doodle Day and Don’t Be Dumb – Thanks Josh and Chuck!
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What are 3 things about your SKETCHBOOK that you are VERY PLEASED with? What are 3 things you WANT TO IMPROVE ON? How have you seen your DRAWING SKILLS improve since week 1?
Reflection / Evaluation: How much time OUTSIDE of class do you feel you are going to need for NEXT WEEKS DUE DATE? What DAY are you going to work on that? Maybe 5 – 10 minutes PER day? What benefits would LITTLE bits of time do versus ONE BIG HUGE TIME?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing and Trading Card Photographs – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Consider the idea of a FIGURE DRAWING… When you think about one that will represent YOU, what are the elements or principles that you feel would be best to serve the purpose of making it YOUR drawing versus simply a “project?”
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at the rubric from the AP Site – are you hitting the level 6 marks? What do you do SPECIFICALLY to match one of them (or not match one of them).
Drawing: Oil Pastels Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Reflect on YESTERDAY before you begin today! What worked? What didn’t? WHY?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are your biggest struggle / success for today as we are now working with OIL PASTELS? Write it out (and the WHY!) PLEASE SHARE THESE IDEAS WITH A CLASSMATE – FINALLY!