“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Painting
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design
- What are the relationships you are seeing in the beginnings of the space you are creating? How do you see the use of color as an important part of the conceptual / idea process?
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at the space you have created, how do you describe the FEELING / EMOTION you have begun to create? Strong sense of space? Easy to “read” ideas? Give EXAMPLES – at least two.
Studio Art 360: Drawing Day – Value – Composition? How’s it going?
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Take a LONG HARD LOOK at your composition. What is happening with the FIGURE? The GROUND? The POSITIVE SPACE? The NEGATIVE SPACE?
Reflection / Evaluation: How have you worked today on the ideas of the positive and negative space? What are you doing to RESOLVE the image for tomorrow?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What challenges did you face yesterday when it came to the 5 minute drawings we did on large paper? How can you see one of these drawings as becoming the underpinnings of a final artwork?
Reflection / Evaluation: Looking at the rubric from the AP Site – how are you working / thinking about hitting the level 6 marks? What do you do SPECIFICALLY to match one of them (or not match one of them).
Drawing: Oil Pastels Kandinsky and Shapes! MID CRIT – Look at the RUBRIC
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- What techniques are working for you in this work? How will you talk about the the struggles and successes you are having?
Reflection / Evaluation: What did you LEARN about your work or that of your classmates from today’s critique?