“There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late.” —Og Mandino
Painting and Advanced Painting: Hallway Drawing / Painting
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design
- Looking at yesterday’s one or two simplifications, name 3 of the larger GEOMETRIC shapes that are beginning to develop in your composition. Describe HOW the idea of SPACE changing in your composition.
Reflection / Evaluation: How does the ORIGINAL image still show up in the space that you are creating? How do you feel the work is developing as a successful or unsuccessful? Give Specifics!
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
- 8.1P: Interpret an artwork or collection of works, supported by relevant and sufficient evidence found in the work and its various contexts.
- As you examine this work of art, what are the larger SKILLS you have developed in the process?
Reflection / Evaluation: As artists, we are in it for the process of MAKING ART, not necessarily worrying about the finished product. How do you feel about the idea of PROCESS versus PRODUCT?
AP Studio Art: Trading Cards – DISCUSSION
- OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
- G: 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- As you look at your trading cards (and your larger idea of body of work) if you had to choose the Element or Principle that you feel you are the strongest with, what is it and WHY? How about the WEAKEST – Why?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas do you have about the use of or understanding behind the elements and principles you have been faced with today?
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- .1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What is it about the song you have chosen that really stood out to you as one worth using as the basis for an art work? This was a BIG decision on your part. Having to put it into words is important for you. What is ONE things that STANDS OUT as that connects the two works of art?
Reflection / Evaluation: SHARE YOUR THEORY AND DRAWING WITH YOUR CLASSMATE – Last 5 Minutes – CONVERSATION and write down what you have learned from your classmate.