“The question for each man is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence and educational advantages, but what he will do with the things he has.” — Frank Hamilton
Painting and Advanced Painting: Hallway Drawing / Painting
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design
- What are the largest and most DOMINANT LINES you see in your drawing of the hallways? These are the lines that we are going to be looking at as the FOCAL POINT / DOMINANT LINES to build our next work off of.
Reflection / Evaluation: How easy or difficult was it for you to begin simplifying the space and shapes of your drawings? What challenges do see as you continue? Know that the use of color in the work will be used to create a MOOD / EMOTIONAL response to the space that you are representing with your abstraction (not today… but WEDNESDAY).
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Step back from your artwork and LOOK at it. What skill have you NEWLY developed as this drawing has come along? Is it VALUE? FORM? SHADING? OBSERVATION? Please explain the ideas in your new skills.
Reflection / Evaluation: Of ALL the work on your drawing you created today, what has been the most successful thing that you’ve accomplished? EXPLAIN!
AP Studio Art: Trading Cards
- 6.1Ad: Curate a collection of objects, artifacts, or artwork to impact the viewer’s understanding of social, cultural, and/or political experiences.
- Take out your 12 trading cards and the AP Rubric. As you look back on the creating of the cards – explain how you HAVE or HAVE NOT worked to attain the score of 5 or 6 on the AP RUBRIC – 3 things…
Reflection / Evaluation: Conversation about the placement of the cards. G: What are 3 things you feel you know BETTER or DIFFERENT about the ideas of the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES.
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What songs are you using to create your artwork and what is ONE things that STANDS OUT as OBVIOUS to connect the two works of art?
Reflection / Evaluation: SHARE YOUR THEORY AND DRAWING WITH YOUR CLASSMATE – Last 5 Minutes – CONVERSATION and write down what you have learned from your classmate.