Happy Youth Art Month: Art Terms 101: Composition is an arrangement of the elements of art and the principles of design
“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing! Let’s DRAW!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Before you leave for the day – thank our model for the time and posing – it is a lot of work! What is the ONE THING you are most satisfied with in your drawing today? WHY?
What did it for you to WRAP THIS DRAWING UP? Share a small thought with your classmates about this process – product?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- What do you need to do to come to a solid RESOLUTION for the end of the week? 4 days next week – not much time!
Are you in need of taking this home this weekend? What are the aspects of the work that are in need of REAL FOCUS?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
Kandinsky and the Bauhaus Presentation is HERE…
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Of ALL the aspects of the face – what are you having the most success with and what is the most challenging? What is hardest about the most challenging part?
What was it about the FACIAL FEATURES of your chosen face that made for a SUCCESSFUL and at times CHALLENGING drawing?
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
Ed Hamilton’s Website – Making of a Bas Relief Sculpture
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What portions of your sculpture do you see as ADDITIVE, SUBTRACTIVE, and MANIPULATIVE? Describe in DETAIL the areas – use imagery as descriptors.
What was the biggest challenge you had with using clay and creating a three dimensional artwork – PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.