“Remember, all the answers you need are inside of you; you only have to become quiet enough to hear them.” — Debbie Ford
AP Studio Art: Duchamp – Let’s take the figure and break it into planes.
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design. NOW STOP and think about the GOAL you have for this ARTWORK – WRITE IT DOWN. Same colors Duchamp used. White, black, sanguine.
- How did Marcel Duchamp CHANGE the way the WORLD saw art? How is including TIME (Cubism) changing the way you are seeing Art / Compositions?
What do you see as a CHALLENGE in this drawing? Movement? Time?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Figure / Ground Relationships
ONLINE CRIT HERE: Due Monday of RETURN from SPRING BREAK!
- ALL ABOUT THE REFLECTION THIS WEEK: 8.1Ad: Analyze differing interpretations of an artwork or collection of works in order to select and defend a plausible critical analysis.
- Having taken the weekend to break from your drawing… What is one thing that you SEE that jumps off as either NEEDING WORK or as WORKING SUCCESSFULLY?
You LOOKED at the stairway drawing and recognized areas that needed work or were successful – what DID you DO today that was productive?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
Kandinsky and the Bauhaus Presentation is HERE…
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Take a look at your previous week’s works – where did you struggle? How do you use the ideas of chiaroscuro to better define the ideas of form? How often are you using the eraser to WORK with your drawing?
What was the most challenging part of this portrait for you to draw? Why are you struggling with the idea of using yourself (if you are) for this large scale drawing?
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- Where do you see color? How does the color on TV get blended together? How does color in a magazine get blended together? Optical color?
What are the three types of colors on the color wheel? What can you NOT mix? How do you mix Orange, etc…?