Happy Youth Art Month: Art Terms 101: Evolution of Chinese Ceramics – During the Ming dynasty the Zhougan province created porcelain pottery that influenced the design and quality of our ceramics today.
“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing! Let’s DRAW!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Step back from your drawing – two days left – What LEAPS out at you as needing work? Why?
Reflecting back on the answer to the question at the beginning – did you resolve this issue?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- How has working on the BAUHAUS drawing (in oil pastel) helped you think about the ideas of figure ground relationships (figure and the staircases) and COMPOSITION?
Considering TOMORROW is your last day (THIS WEEK) in class… what are you considering for the final day KNOWING that you have ONE MORE WEEK – 5 DAYS – to work on this?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
Kandinsky and the Bauhaus Presentation is HERE…
- 7.1Ac: Recognize and describe personal aesthetic and empathetic responses to the natural world and constructed environments.
- Where in society today do you think most people get PORTRAITS of themselves made? Share your thoughts with your neighbor. How do you think we might be using this idea in OUR portraits?
What is the progress of the drawing thus far? What is your neighbor doing well? What is your neighbor not doing successfully? Share your thoughts with your neighbors.
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
Ed Hamilton’s Website – Making of a Bas Relief Sculpture
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What has been your FAVORITE or LEAST FAVORITE part of working with clay. Please tell me WHY you LOVE or DON’T LOVE using this material. Please be specific.
What do you see as needing to be RESOLVED for the end of the project TOMORROW? Know that it is the LAST day to work.