Happy Youth Art Month: Art Terms 101: Daguerreotype is an early form of photography that uses chemicals to produce the image.
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing! Let’s DRAW!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What is the ONE thing you are learning about the figure at this point? Even though we had to rethink the idea from Monday – in order to slow down – have you thought about different materials? Gesso? Gouache? Acrylics? Watercolor? Pastel?
Have you looked at NEW materials to introduce today? Gesso? Gouache? Acrylics? Watercolor? Pastel? Why have you introduced that? What might it do for your drawing?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- Looking at 3 more in class days… what specificas are you doing to consider 1) architectural drawing and 2) figurative drawing?
Take a few minutes and really look at what you are doing. What is happening that you are proud of as it comes to this drawing and the ideas of the Bauhaus?
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images.
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- Now that we’ve gone over ALL the facial features… let’s look at the HEAD as a whole. In your sketchbook – NO REFERENCES BESIDE A MIRROR – Draw out the GENERALIZED facial features and correct placement on a head. In your goals page – write out “REFER TO DRAWING IN SKETCHBOOK.”
What are some REALLY IMPORTANT GUIDELINES that you will be using to make ACCURATE references in the face drawings?
ASSIGNMENT FOR THURSDAY!!! Bring in a NEWSPAPER or MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPH of a person’s ENTIRE FACE – Front on or 1/4 turn at the most!
Studio Art 360: Hands on with CLAY!
Ed Hamilton’s Website – Making of a Bas Relief Sculpture
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- How does working three dimensionally make you think differently about the making of art than working on the collage (2D work) did?
As we are MORE THAN HALF WAY done… what are the final STRUGGLES you are facing with the idea of your sculpture?.