“We’ve gotten to the point where we think the camera can capture anything at all…Well, it can’t really. The camera can’t compete with painting at all. The paintings are much more vivid about the place than photographs are.” – David Hockney
“Modern Painters, “David Hockney, on his latest inspiration – Yorkshire, Into the Woods,” by: Marina Cashdan, April 2010, p. 66.
Art Foundations: WRAP IT UP! MOVE IT FORWARD!
- (5.3) Describe meaning of artwork by analyzing use of contour line and pattern.
- (3.2) Apply ideas in art to RESOLVE and EVALUATE visual challenges.
What types of lines are you in favor of using? Where do you find it easiest to use the idea of contour line to represent the face / form? What sorts of pattern do you think you would like to recreate with the use of WATERCOLOR to represent YOU?
Drawing: Computer Lab – Let’s Start anew!
- 3.2 apply subjects, symbols, and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges (listen to the music, describe what you SEE).
- 3.3 describe the creation of images and ideas and explain why they are of value
What ideas did you find as you listened to the music?
AP Studio Art: CONCENTRATION! (and 2 more crits…)
- Technology Operations and Concepts – Update your AP Central Site.
- 1.3 communicate ideas clearly (and create MULTIPLE SOLUTIONS to VISUAL – Concentration – Problems.
What has been happening in your work that FITS with your statements? How can you continue to think about the statement you have written and refresh your ideas?