“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson – Let’s Check out P60 in Binder – Remember that you can switch next week’s sketchbook assignment with one of these Artists Habits of the Mind…
Art Foundations: Contour Line Portraits – Pattern – Watercolor
- (5.3) Describe meaning of artwork by analyzing technique and use of pattern.
What variations of lines are you using? Where do you find it easiest to use the idea of line / contour to represent the face / form? What is the most challenging portion of the face to successfully create? What pattern did you use to design your background for this work? Share with your classmates.
Drawing: Self-Evaluate, Value, Still Life – Who was Morandi?
- 3.4 evaluate and defend the validity of this still life for ideas toward current / future works.
- (1.2) Create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to drawing pencils and observation.
What are your thoughts about the idea of the composition / white objects as subject matter? WRITE THAT IN YOUR GOAL SHEETS. Why do you feel this is worthy / unworthy / simple / complicated? What is working? What can you take forward to the next assignment?
AP Studio Art: Thanks Carmel – here we go! Andy Goldsworthy on Tumbler.
- 4.1 recognize differences in historical and cultural contexts of art
- 4.2 describe the purpose and meaning of art objects within different cultures, times, and places
With this OUT OF THE BOX (out of the doors) assignment… What struggles are you facing> Where are you falling in the snow? What are your challenges?