“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson – Let’s Check out P60 in Binder – Remember that you can switch next week’s sketchbook assignment with one of these Artists Habits of the Mind…
Art Foundations: Contour Line Portraits – Pattern –Watercolor
- (1.2) Create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to the principle of pattern.
- (3.2) Apply ideas in art to solve visual challenges and communicate ideas (Who are you? How do you represent that?).
How did talking with your neighbor make your drawing look different to you? What made it difficult to speak about your work and / or your classmates work with the critical eye?
Drawing: Continue to DRAW
- (1.2) Create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to materials, techniques and process.
Pair / Share – self–evaluation of the day – goal sheet. What are the best things that are happening in your drawing? Where are you still struggling?
AP Studio Art: Andy Goldsworthy – Earth Art – and Robert Smithson’s Spiral Jetty
- 5.4 reflect on interpretations as a means for understanding and evaluating art
- 5.5 evaluate responses to works of art for communicating 5.5.1 rationale 5.5.2 ideas
What bit of advice did you get from your classmates that you will be able to put to use? What bit of advice did you give that might be used elsewhere? What are your goals for the next work(s) that will show your development?