“Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.” – Samuel Johnson – Let’s Check out P60 in Binder
Art Foundations: Continuous Line Contour Drawing / Balance
- (1.1.1) Create Multiple Solutions (Grid) to Solve Visual Problems (watercolor experiments!) Oh Boy!
- (1.4) Solve visual challenge of CONTOUR LINE DRAWINGS and OBSERVATION using analysis (element of Line and breaking the face into parts… lines).
What is the most challenging aspect of the portrait / line? What emotions have you chosen to represent yourself? Why? What variety of lines do you hope to use in the process of creating your self-portrait?
Drawing: Self Evaluation (ALWAYS) and DRAW DRAW DRAW!
- (1.4) Solve visual challenges using shape and value (SYNTHESIS) to successfully execute and bring your work to a final stage. (P)
- (1.1) Apply pencils with AWARENESS so that your ideas are executed well.
Have you improved your drawings skills over the past few days? What is the biggest success you have accomplished this week? Where are you struggling?
AP Studio Art: BRING YOUR COAT to create a Work Of Art
- 3.2 apply subjects, symbols, and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges
- 3.4 evaluate and defend the validity of sources for ideas – GOING OUTSIDE – Get Your Coats…
What were the biggest impressions you had from going outside for ideas? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration