“Talent may get someone off the starting blocks faster, but without a sense of direction or a goal to strive for, it won’t count for much.”
– David Bayles and Ted Orland, Art and Fear: Observations On the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking Thank you Ted and David – You have both been inspirations for the AP kids this past month. Pizza Party for a Critique? Sounds Good!
ASCD Webinar Participants – SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
Art Foundations: TEXTURE – Brief Textbook (175?) and Note taking. What is the texture we spoke of yesterday and how can we gather it up? Did you go and gather it up with your classmates.
- 1.1 apply media (acrylic paint), techniques (Grattage and Decalcomania), and processes (creating an series of textures) with an 1.1.3 awareness so that your ideas are executed well.
What, of the three texture making techniques, did you enjoy using the most? What do you think you can do with each of these textures?
DRAWING: Finish the pastel drawing… DO NOT FORGET to COLLABORATE with your partner!
- 2.2 evaluate the effectiveness of artworks
- NETS: Communication and Collaboration – Students use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and to the learning of others.
What has been the most difficult part of this Self-Portrait for you? What has been the most rewarding part of this Self-Portrait for you? Please take a moment to reflect on why you felt this way. How have you GROWN through this process? I am SO proud of each and every one of you. You may not have worked at an A level, but each of you who challenged yourselves have succeeded in your own way.
AP Studio Art: FINISH ALL THAT I HAVE ASKED OF YOU! Holy Cow! There is a lot to do… Art Show goes up next week.
- 3.1 reflect on how art differs and describe how it relates to your history and your culture.
What have you created this year?What have you challenged yourself with? What have you accomplished that you did not think that you might have been able to accomplish? Take a moment and give yourself some credit for all that you have finished and think about what you were unable to finish… why were you unable to finish you were able to finish?