“Talent may get someone off the starting blocks faster, but without a sense of direction or a goal to strive for, it won’t count for much.”
– David Bayles and Ted Orland, Art and Fear: Observations On the Perils (and Rewards) of Artmaking
ASCD Webinar Participants – Thanks for the time at the the webinar. I hope that my thoughts were of value and raised some good points and some challenging questions. I am always looking for feedback – so please pass it along to me. Take a tour, have a look, follow me and see how I effectively use technology as a tool for interaction, content, resources, collaboration and communications tool in my classroom. If you would like to contact me – you can leave a message below or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy!
Art Foundations 2D: ABSTRACTION – Let’s go out and look at MORE abstraction and see what interests us in the worlds that it offers.
- Research and Information Fluency – Students apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information. LAPTOPS!
- 2.6 create multiple solutions (sketches) to visual challenges (making abstract art with a meaning) that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork.
What was the most interesting part of the ARTnews article that you read about the Golden Age of Abstraction? How has looking at contemporary abstract art changed your mind about the work that is available and out there? Do yo understand the ideas of ABSTRACTION better than you did before? Please write your thoughts down in your COMMENTS section of your GOALS SHEET.
Drawing: Work work work – Think think think. Pastels are in your hands and your mind is focused on the drawing. How are you breaking this space up? DUE – MONDAY! Critique – Monday – Wednesday of next week.
- 3.1 reflect on how art differs and describe how it relates to your history and your cultures.
- 1.1 apply pastel, layers, and Fauvist Drawing with an 1.1.3 awareness so that your ideas are executed well.
How are you moving forward with this drawing? What have you chosen to do with the background? Why? How have you divided it up and made sure it was working with the portrait? Is it?
AP Studio Art: How is the choice of your artwork going? How has your artists statement gone? Friday – it is due – POINTS for PARTICIPATION! Art and FEAR artwork… There is a lot of work you are working on… how can you keep up / keep it straight?
- 3.1 reflect on how art differs and describe how it relates to your history and your cultures
- 1.1 apply mediums, techniques, and process with an 1.1.3 awareness so that your ideas are executed well
Art and Fear, Name Tags, Art Show… there is a lot of work to get accomplished Art and Fear is due Monday- Your Statement is due Friday, your Name Tags are due when you put the show up – NEXT WEEK! What are you done with? Good work yesterday Bryan! Keep up the good work EVERYONE!