ALL LATE SKETCHBOOKS / MAJOR PROJECTS ARE DUE ON FRIDAY – THEY WILL BECOME ZERO’S PERMANENTLY AFTER FRIDAY…
“Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.” — Voltaire
Art Foundations: GRIDS – Finally Grids. Chuck Close video – brief, and then onto MATH – Ratios 1:4. How can we use a ruler successfully?
- 3.3 Know about the creation of images and explain why they are of value.
- 6.1 Work on mathematical rations in art as other disciplines might use math.
What part of the process are you struggling with? How can you use MATH elsewhere in life – the idea of the RATIO?
Drawing: No SHAKY Video today – that was AWFUL!
- (2.3) Create artworks that use organization and function to solve specific visual challenges. (P).
- (5.1) Identify the intentions and purposes behind making art.
Looking at the challenges you had today… what can you do to continue moving forward? What was the most challenging part of enlarging your head today? Why was this most difficult way to go?How can you use your knowledge of the SHAPES of the facial features to help? What is most important about drawing when it comes to observation?
AP Studio Art: Art and Fear Chapters 3 and 4 – brief reading. How much MORE to do for the PORTFOLIO? If you are NOT actively working on the portfolio – READ YOUR CHAPTER!
ART and FEAR Chapter ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS:
- We are all going to work on the SAME SIZE PAPER… 18 TALL x 9 WIDE… How to deal with those constraints? This is going to be a challenge you have to deal with.
- Work on wrapping up the portfolios and presentation of the BEST work.
- 2.6 create multiple solutions to visual challenges that show understanding in relationships between composition and meaning of artwork .
How many ideas do you feel you need to come up with ONE solid / successful composition for your Art and Fear Chapter? What are you going to do about the proportional challenge?