“No matter how many goals you have achieved, you must set your sights on a higher one.” – Jessica Savitch Jasper Johns “Target”
Art Foundations: Ellipses – how do you use the ideas you have learned in perspective center and cantilevers to create the ideas of manhold covers, bicycle wheels, or awnings? Hmmm…
- 1.4 create, and solve 2 Point Perspective ELLIPSE drawings using 1.4.1 analysis (breaking up the subject matter to basic elements)
Review with neighbors the RULES of THUMB and discuss the Differences in one and two point perspective. What do you think you can create with the ideas behind an ellipse?
Drawing: BREAK FROM CURRENT DRAWING – Let’s talk about proportion. Take 20 minutes to draw your thoughts of the human based on the observation of a life size mannequin.
- 3.3 describe the creation of images and explain why they are of value.
- 1.4 solve visual challenges using analysis.
Where were you close to accurate in your drawing, where were you really off in the drawing of the human figure?
AP Studio Art: Mount your QUALITY works to black board and cover sheet it for protection.
- 6.3 use techniques of art with those from other disciplines and present your work
- 5.2 stand behind your criticism of art in which works you choose as “Quality”
Where else in life is the professionalism of what you present important? Do you believe that one shouldn’t judge a book by its cover when it comes to your work?