Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”... for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that make you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
TED Talks are GREAT INSPIRATIONAL TALKS that can add a great deal to your day.
Collaboration and Sketchbooks – THIS WEEK we will be having a 5 minute conversation about the collaborative PEER / SELF Evaluation regarding your sketchbooks for the week. 10 minute before class ends, we will pair up with someone NEW and Self / Peer evaluate – and then hand them in!
- What is the benefit of sharing your sketchbook with your classmate?
- How can you learn to speak about your own sketches and ideas?
- How can you share your ideas with others?
Art Foundations 2D: Challenge with Staircases. You thought ROOFS were hard? HA! Wait until you try stairs.
- 1.4 create, and solve 2 Point Perspective STAIRS using 1.4.1 analysis (and a friend).
Review with neighbors the RULES of THUMB and discuss the Differences in one and two point perspective. What was the most challenging part of the stairs? What did you find similar in the process of drawing stairs that you have learned in drawing other objects in 2 point perspective?
Drawing: We critiqued yesterday – what did you take away from the process? What do you remember as being impressive or successful about the work you saw from others? How can you use some of the same ideas that your classmates have expressed?
- 2.2 Evaluate the effectiveness of your artwork (What is working? What needs working on?)
- 2.3 create artworks that solve visual challenges (How are you approaching the solution to the crinkled paper?)
Pair / Share – self – evaluation of the day – back of the goal sheet. Can you begin to see / hear a story in the work? What do you think the character in your drawing might be up to with that piece of paper? Write down your thoughts in today’s Goals Page – Journal Section.
AP Studio Art: Continue to work on the HUGE body of work that you are developing. This is great. I am REALLY happy to see you challenging yourselves. Keep it up! No excuses though – work hard.
- 2.2 PEER-evaluate the effectiveness of artworks
- 2.3 create artworks that solve visual challenges
With 5 minutes left… what are you needing to do this weekend. Write down what you need to accomplish over the two days. How much art do you need to take home? Do we have a sketchbook assignment for next week?