Drawing, AP Studio Art, Independent Art Students, Advanced Drawing – ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO FIELD TRIP!
- OTHER: Cap of 45 Students
- Where: Art Institute of Chicago
- When: May 4, 2016
- Why: ART – Van Gogh Bedrooms Exhibit – and Chicago!
- Time: Leave at 7:30AM – Return around 5PM
- Cost: $16.00 + Lunch Money and Spending Money (Entrance to Show, Cost of Bus)
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- Step back – yesterday you looked at the class work and got some feedback from them. Take a HARD LOOK AT YOUR DRAWING and determine what you need to focus on in the next 46 minutes. WRITE IT OUT in COMPLETE SENTENCES!
Reflection: Until THURSDAY to work in class. What is working successfully in your drawing? WHY?
Studio Art 360: COLOR and YOU!
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- THINK ABOUT SCIENCE for a minute… How do we SEE color? How does the color on a digital device get blended together? How does color in a magazine get blended together?
Reflection: What are the three types of colors on the color wheel? What can you NOT mix? How do you mix Orange, etc…
AP Studio Art: Portrait of One Another
- 7.2Ad: Determine the commonalities within a group of artists or visual images attributed to a particular type of art, timeframe, or culture.
- How does stepping back and looking at the works as a whole offer you insight into other’s skills, approaches, and intents and how YOU can learn from others and teach others?
Reflection: What has been the STRENGTH of the CRIT for you this week?
Advanced Drawing: Jim Dine
Skeleton Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What is it about the figure that you are still uncertain about? If you have to go back and change something about your current state of the figure, what are you needing to rework? These Drawings are ALL ABOUT LOOKING and I expect you to be working and FOCUSED 100% of the time.
Reflection: What aspect of the drawing do you find successful? What was it that made the second part of the drawing – the part of the drawing that may have surprised you – angered you? Why?