Drawing, AP Studio Art, Independent Art Students, Advanced Drawing – ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO FIELD TRIP!
- OTHER: Cap of 45 Students
- Where: Art Institute of Chicago
- When: May 4, 2016
- Why: ART – Van Gogh Bedrooms Exhibit – and Chicago!
- Time: Leave at 7:30AM – Return around 5PM
- Cost: $16.00 + Lunch Money and Spending Money (Entrance to Show, Cost of Bus)
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- After ONE WEEK of pastels, what is your STRONGEST aspect of the composition? Describe WHY you feel it is working so well.
Reflection: How do you feel about the work you accomplished today? What has changed / was learned in how you are working with Soft Pastels?
Studio Art 360: Bas Relief Sculpture / Sculpture in the Round
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- As you look at the FINAL SCULPTURE – What areas stand out as your most successful in the creation of your SOCIAL COMMENTARY in sculpture form? What stands out as the LEAST successful?
Reflection: What was the biggest challenge and most successful aspect you had with using clay and creating a three dimensional artwork – Let’s have a round table conversation…
AP Studio Art: To the Best of Our Knowledge – Listen to the Show!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Have you attempted to work OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE? Please explain how you have done this? Are you capturing your model?
Reflection: How do you feel this portrait is talking about the person MORE SO than just a recreation of an image you made with a camera
Advanced Drawing: Skeleton – Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What do you think the skills that you currently have will help you in the process of the figure drawing?
Reflection: How does your drawing look in your own eyes? Write a short paragraph about the process.