Drawing, AP Studio Art, Independent Art Students, Advanced Drawing – ART INSTITUTE OF CHICAGO FIELD TRIP!
- OTHER: Cap of 45 Students
- Where: Art Institute of Chicago
- When: May 4, 2016
- Why: ART- Van Gogh Bedrooms Exhibit – and Chicago!
- Time: Leave at 7:30AM – Return around 5PM
- Cost: $16.00 + Lunch Money and Spending Money (Entrance to Show, Cost of Bus)
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 1.1Ac: Individually or collaboratively formulate new creative problems based on student’s existing artwork.
- How are the colors working for you? Look carefully at the LAYERING of your colors and how you are considering the FAUVIST approach? Talk about 2 things you are LEARNING about the use of COLOR in an artwork OR 2 things you are learning about the use of SOFT PASTELS that you will remember throughout the drawing.
Reflection: What areas are you working on? Background? Foreground? ENTIRE GROUND?
Studio Art 360: Bas Relief Sculpture / Sculpture in the Round
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- If today is your last day to RESOLVE your sculpture – what (SPECIFICALLY) do you have to focus on to make it YOUR BEST WORK? “TODAY I am going to focus on __________ so that my social message is crystal clear.”
Reflection: What was the biggest challenge you had with using clay and creating a three dimensional artwork. Of the different techniques (additive, subtractive, manipulation) what caused you the most challenge?
AP Studio Art: To the Best of Our Knowledge – Listen to the Show!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- As you begin this process, what are the challenges you are facing? How are you GATHERING IMAGES / RESEARCH for this work. This week and next week.
Reflection: Three things you were challenged with today. PLEASE LIST them and then think about them… how are you going to work through the challenges?
Advanced Drawing: Skeleton – Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Figure Drawing is ESSENTIAL to the strong portfolio. Why do you feel that every artist should have a strong background in the world of figure drawing?
Reflection: How did your drawing challenge you today? Are you able to be focused on the figure for the period? Why do you stop short if you do?