“Nobody tells this to people who are beginners, I wish someone told me. All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But there is this gap. For the first couple years you make stuff, it’s just not that good…” Ira Glass – Radio Host, This American Life
NEW PAGE on KORB’s Website: Facial Features!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What do you feel is an aspect of your composition that you might struggle with (but will resolve in your preliminary drawings?
Reflection: What was the most challenging aspect of your drawing to get done today? How are you using OBSERVATION and COMPARISON – sighting in – to get your drawings set up correctly?
Studio Art 360: Clay
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What portions of your sculpture do you see as ADDITIVE, SUBTRACTIVE, and MANIPULATIVE? Describe in DETAIL the areas – use imagery as descriptors. MID-CRIT with the RUBRIC.
Reflection: What was the biggest challenge you had with using clay and creating a three dimensional artwork – PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.
AP Studio Art: To the Best of Our Knowledge – Listen to the Show!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- If you were to want to get to know someone better, what are a few questions that you would ask? Not superficial questions, but the kind of question that really helps you get to know someone… Please log onto THIS DOCUMENT and enter your question.
Reflection: What are you thinking about after we have spent another day listening to a radio show about making art?
Advanced Drawing: Skeleton – Shared Album HERE
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- What was successful in the series of drawings you did yesterday? How did the STRONGEST DRAWING stand out among the rest of them? Mark making? Line? Variation?
Reflection: Next week – LONGER FIGURE DRAWINGS – What are 3 STRENGTHS you had today? What is the BIGGEST CHALLENGE you faced today?