Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”… for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that makes you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- Reflect: Learning to think and talk with others about an aspect of one’s work or working process, and learning to judge one’s own work and working process and the work of others.
- What are the BEST things you have come up with in this artwork?
Reflection: What did your FAVORITE part of this overall DEEP and difficult project?
Studio Art 360: TEXTURE and COLLAGE! Let’s GO!
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Think about your sketchbook drawing from yesterday… If you could include TEXTURE into the drawing – how do you feel you could? Where in the drawing CAN you? Where in the drawing WILL you?
Reflection: Write a ONE PARAGRAPH EXPLANATION about your work on the BACK of the collage. Describe how you used Frottage, Grattage, and Decalcomania in the work.
AP Studio Art: Pencils…
Pencil Story on FREAKONOMICS – LISTEN HERE: http://www.wnyc.org/widgets/ondemand_player/freakonomics/#file=json/576159
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What is your NUMBER ONE PERSONAL GOAL for this drawing. Look at page 29 in your folder – do you want to think about habits of mind?
Reflection: TWO DAYS LEFT – CRITIQUE and LETTER WRITING MONDAY – Huh? Yep. What was successful – 2 things that worked out – Think Elelments and Principles…
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- Stretch & Explore: Learning to reach beyond one’s capacities, to explore playfully without a preconceived plan, and to embrace the opportunity to learn from mistakes.
- Step back and LOOK – that’s it – LOOK… Wait… Wait… What do you see? WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU SEE. List it… List 5 things – one thing you are doing well.
Reflection: How are you stretching yourself with this drawing? What are 3 things you doing outside of your comfort zone? EXPLAIN!