Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”… for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that makes you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- .2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What were the similarities and differences in your ideas and Kandinsky’s N: Peer review of the images and statements.
Reflection: How does your art compare with the work of “professionals” and how can you work to create a better understanding of your approach / intent / ideas?)
Studio Art 360: Sketchbook Tuesday – Self Portraits?
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Last week – WEEPING WILLOW was your prompt. Please explain your thoughts about WHY you did WHAT you did with your sketchbook and resolving the idea of WEEPING WILLOW. 3 – 5 sentences to explain.
Reflection: What three things can you do / are you going to do to to enhance your sketchbook drawing for next week’s grade? Look at and work with image from assignment sheet!
AP Studio Art: Pencils…
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- Yesterday you listened to Freakonomics — “How Can This Possibly Be True?” What are three things that came to mind – were interesting – gave you visual ideas in your head as you listened to the story? ANYTHING? Today – With your FAVORITE PENCIL IN HAND and WHATEVER DRAWING materials you want (on the 11” x 8.5” paper) you are going to OBSERVE and DRAW this pencil – that’s it – straight up – DRAW THIS PENCIL… OBSERVATION and INTERPRETATION – Skill here. DUE MONDAY! ONE DRAWING – GO! BTW… The Pencil you are DRAWING (and maybe drawing with) will be included in the final artwork – attached to the drawing.
Pencil Story on FREAKONOMICS – LISTEN HERE: http://www.wnyc.org/widgets/ondemand_player/freakonomics/#file=json/576159
Reflection: Well… what have you accomplished? Are FOUR DAYS too many? Not enough? 3 things you are PLANNING for this drawing. IMPRESS ME tomorrow!
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- What are TWO THINGS you feel that you need some FEEDBACK on? Write that down – when I come to you – ASK.
Reflection: As you worked – what new ideas / new solutions / same old ideas and solutions did you come up with today? Seriously – anything inspiring? Any experimentation happen?