Shane Koyczan – TED Talk “To This Day”… for the Bullied and Beautiful… “If you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer, because there’s something inside you that makes you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit.”
Drawing: MUSIC and ART!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What has THREE DAYS off done for you to REST from the Work? NOW… Take your work out – DON’T look at it. Hang it up, step back – WRITE OUT THE FIRST THINGS THAT COME TO MIND. 3 things!
Reflection: How does this work relate to 1) Kandinsky and his movements? 2) Your song? We are going to be WRITING an ARTIST STATEMENT and PHOTOGRAPHING this work Friday and NEXT WEEK (in the computer lab). Be prepared to provide writing that is DONE! ALSO – FIND YOUR SONG ON YOUTUBE!
Studio Art 360: Sculpture Critique / Color
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What TEXTURES do you find comforting? What Textures do you find discomforting?
Reflection: From the topics YOU wrote down… what 3 topics do you feel are most worth your while is pursuing as an artwork? Why?
FOR TOMORROW! BRING IN A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOUR HEAD / FACE or that of a FRIEND / FAMILY MEMBER that you can CUT UP and GLUE DOWN! If you don’t you will be unprepared for the assignment and will have to choose a BORING FACE from a magazine
AP Studio Art:
- Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Please describe the last time you SERIOUSLY sat down and took the time to HANDWRITE a LETTER to someone. Who was it to? What was it about? How was your handwriting? We are going to take today to listen about the most basic tool we use… the pencil. Get a sketchbook and a note pad to make notes in… Freakonomics.
Reflection: Well… what are your ideas? Tomorrow – bring in your favorite pencil and an 11” x 8.5” piece of paper – YOUR CHOICE. Spiral bound, loose leaf, printer paper, Stationery… YOUR CHOICE. information tomorrow!
Advanced Drawing: 50 Sheets of Paper!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- What did the three days away for this drawing do for you when you step back and LOOK at your drawing? Write out and ELABORATE on your drawing as a FIRST IMPULSE.
Reflection: REVIEW your group conversation notes from last week thursday – What is something that stood out to you today and you were able to focus on? Elaborate on the thought.