Start With THIS video… then onto YOUR CLASSES:
What has Jerry Saltz got to say to Art Students? Let’s hear it from Mr. Korb:
1. Go to an art school that doesn’t cost too much. Those who go to Yale and Columbia might get a nine-month career bump right after graduation, but you’ll all be back on the same level in a year, and you won’t be in as much debt.
2. Envy will eat you alive.
Drawing: 2 Days to DRAW in CLASS
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How have you changed in the process since you have begun? How are you drawing DIFFERENTLY than you did PRIOR to this Drawing?
Reflection: Have you improved your drawings skills over the past project? What is the biggest success you have accomplished with this work? Where are you struggling still? EXPLAIN – Sentence… not just a word.
Studio Art 360: One solid day to FOCUS on the DRAWING
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are you nervous, apprehensive, afraid of when it comes to drawing in perspective? I mean… what do you struggle with?
Reflection: Of ALL the parts of your drawing – SINCE DAY ONE – what are you happiest with and what caused you the biggest problem? WHY?
AP Studio Art: Work on your Work of Art inspired by Work Of Art!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What has been successful for your outdoor work? What has FAILED you? Where do you need to go from here?
Reflection: With this OUT OF THE BOX (out of the doors) assignment… What struggles are you facing? What New ideas and skills do you see developing?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design.
- How did last week’s critique help you or challenge you as you looked at it from that distance and heard from Mr. Korb or your fellow artists?
Reflection: Talk to your neighbor / partner about the potential meaning behind your work. Write those thoughts down PLEASE?