“Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing.” — John Andrew Holmes
Painting and Advanced Painting: Oil Paint Portraits!
- 5.1Ac: Evaluate, select, and apply methods or processes appropriate to display artwork in a specific place.
- Having had a day or more to begin painting in oils, what are you enjoying about it? If you HAVE NOT STARTED PAINTING… what are you going to be STARTING with TODAY?
Reflection / Evaluation: What were you most anxious about as we begin to think about and use oil paints?
Studio Art 360: COLOR SCHEMES
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- Where do you see color? How does the color on TV get blended together? How does color in a magazine get blended together?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are the three types of colors on the color wheel? What can you NOT mix? How do you mix Orange, etc…
AP Studio Art: TALKING ART!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- How have YOU begun to understand the importance of reflection?
Reflection / Evaluation: What is something that you took away from the critique today – whether it be about YOUR work or about another person’s work.
Drawing: Hip-Hop and Fauvism… the Hip-Hop its time.
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Now that you have your artwork out in front of you… What is a STRENGTH in the visual image that you can build off of?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are THREE things you have done to move the artwork forward – NEW for you in the making of art?