“When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.” — Zig Ziglar
Painting and Advanced Painting: Oil Paints – Ready, Set, GO!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What challenges do you see in the use of OIL paint versus Acrylic paint? What advantages do you see in the use of oil over acrylic?
- SELF PORTRAITS from PREVIOUS Classes – HERE
Reflection / Evaluation: What ideas do you see coming out from others works as you took the 4 minutes to walk around today and see what others are doing? How can you see working with OTHERS in a COMMUNITY as being beneficial to the development of your art?
Studio Art 360: COLOR
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What is the difference between PRIMARY COLORS and SECONDARY COLORS? Share this with your neighbor.
Reflection / Evaluation: Review with neighbors the relationships of the colors on the color wheel? QUIZ one another on the names, types and relationships of the colors.
AP Studio Art: Tune in! Tune Out!
- 6.1Ad: Curate a collection of objects, artifacts, or artwork to impact the viewer’s understanding of social, cultural, and/or political experiences.
- Put all your works up in front of class and then step back… in your folder – write out ONE THING that you see as making the works seem to relate to one another or DOESN’T seem to help them relate. This is a curious observation considering we are all working on the same ideas of the music BUT have a very different idea in the composition.
Reflection / Evaluation: PLEASE Read over ALL THE WRITINGS / Journaling, Statements that you have compiled this week about these works… what is the STRENGTH / THEME / IDEA that stands out in YOUR ARTWORK that will help it engage a viewer’s attention? THIS WEEKEND – ASSIGNMENT – One 12 sentence Paragraph the clearly explains your ideas about your artwork and the music it is tied to. MONDAY – Google Drive / SHARE with me.
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Who is the Graffiti Artist that you have chosen to work from and WHY are you inspired by their work?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was the most challenging part of the work today? Why was this most difficult? What is most important about observation when it comes to drawing?