“In not stating the goal to the students and wording them so they are understandable… it is like a family going on a trip with Dad in the driver’s seat and him not sharing what the destination is or how long the trip is going to take. Dad knows where he’s going, but the rest of the family has no clue.”
Painting and Advanced Painting: 1 Day Left CRITIQUE TOMORROW!
- 6.1Ac: Make, explain, and justify connections between artists or artwork and social, cultural, and political history.
- How does this work relate to the space / feelings about the space or yourself? What can you do with the VISUAL ARTS that the written or spoken word cannot? Have you begun or finished the written critique? Have you reflected and edited the critique? DUE WHEN YOU WALK IN TOMORROW! Bring in a snack to eat during the CRIT!
- CRITIQUE a Work Of Art – DUE THURSDAY – HERE:
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the strongest aspect of your painting that you feel communicates a message or feeling? Do you feel you have communicated a message that you were thinking about in the beginning of the project? How?
Studio Art 360: Collage and Texture – Romare Bearden
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are the SPECIFICS about the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and came up with and you are RESOLVING today?G
Reflection / Evaluation: How do you feel translating the idea of COLLAGE to SCULPTURE is going to be challenging? Maybe you are still worrying about the collage at this point… what are you concerned about now?
AP Studio Art: Figure Drawing Critique – OPEN CANVAS CALENDAR!
Here is the AP Studio Art Portfolio Example Pages.
- NETS: Use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively.
- What are your FEARS as you begin to come to the end of the first three works? What are your FEARS about the AP Process?
- Robert Arneson: http://www.artnet.com/artists/robert-arneson/
Reflection / Evaluation: Ask 2 probing questions about the work of one of your classmates. What can they tell you to help you understand their ideas about their concentration?
Drawing: Google Slideshow
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- As you have looked at the images of your classmates in the presentation… what are 3 of the STRONGEST aspects of other’s work you see in front of you?
Reflection / Evaluation: How can you work to create a better understanding of your approach / intent / ideas in your own personal art as you move forward in the Drawing class? List 3 things you see that you might be able to think about as we move into the next work that you’ve learned from this drawing.
- Link To Mr. Korb’s Written Example – HERE
- Link to the Google Folder of YOUR Images – HERE
- Link to the Google Slideshow – HERE