PEP Assembly Schedule
1 – 7:25 AM – 8:00 AM
2 – 8:05 AM – 8:40 AM
3 – 8:45 AM – 9:20 AM
4 – 9:25 AM – 10:00 AM
- 6 – 10:05 AM – 10:40 AM
- 5A – 10:45 AM – 11:10 AM
- 5B – 11:15 AM – 11:40 AM
- 5C – 11:45 AM – 12:10 PM
- 7 – 12:15 PM – 12:50 PM
- 8 – 12:55 PM – 1:30 PM
What Difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look. Chuck Close
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTING – WRAP IT UP!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Knowing we are critiquing on MONDAY – I will NOT assign a WRITTEN critique for this painting – ALSO KNOW IT IS HOMECOMING WEEKEND and I am gracious and understanding – What do you need to be REALLY focused on TODAY to WRAP THIS PAINTING UP? How is this collage / painting using traditional and contemporary ideas in the 1) Composition and 2) Techniques? – 5 Minute SELF – EVALUATION today… this will / can be used to FURTHER your thoughts on MONDAY and TUESDAY! In addition… What is the TITLE of your work? Using a blank page in your sketchbook – write out one brief paragraph that discusses the SOCIAL TOPIC, WHY it is important to you, 3 things (or more) in the painting help to explain that, 2 things you are PLEASED with, and 1 thing you would like to improve on for next time. THIS IS YOUR EXIT TICKET TODAY!
Reflection / Evaluation: Monday Crit – What 3 things stood out with O’Keefe’s work as you looked it over this week?
Studio Art 360: Boxes/ Sculpture / Paper Mache
- 9.1P: Establish relevant criteria in order to evaluate a work of art or collection of works.
- Looking at the forms you created – what is the STRONGEST / MOST SUCCESSFUL aspect of your sculpture? WHY? What is the WEAKEST / LEAST SUCCESSFUL aspect of your sculpture? WHY?
Reflection / Evaluation: What form was the most challenging for you to create with the DRAWING or the CARDBOARD? Why do you feel that was the biggest challenge? Use the ART TERMS that you know (Form, Shape, Effort, Execution…)
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Looking at the assembly of the composition, what is NEW in the approach to CREATING the artwork? Knowing I am asking you to think outside of the “box,” how is it different? Easier? More Difficult?
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: How did having conversation with your classmates about the processes / materials that you are using give you different ways, new ideas about the work you are making?
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- How are you using geometric shapes in your life? How do you relate meaning to them? What are some shapes that are dominant in your life?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas might you have had about COLOR and SHAPE in the art you were creating?