What Difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look. Chuck Close
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTING – WRAP IT UP!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Looking at the work in front of you – and knowing we are critiquing on MONDAY and TUESDAY – What CRITERIA would you consider as we begin to consider evaluation? Please consider some of the NATIONAL VISUAL STANDARDS as you write this one up – it may take a few minutes to complete this before you begin PAINTING!
Reflection / Evaluation: What CRITERIA are you focused on in the creation of your work? Are you drawn to that criteria in additional works you make?
Studio Art 360: Boxes/ Sculpture / Paper Mache
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated.
- These forms may not be your MASTERPIECE of all time, but they did require focus, work, and attention to detail. Looking at ALL the FORMS you created, what do you feel about the ease or difficulty about creating a work of art.
Reflection / Evaluation: If you are NOT done with the paper mache forms, what 2 or 3 things do you think held you back in the process? If you ARE done… close to being done… what are 2 or 3 specific criteria that you would use to judge your work as successful or unsuccessful and WHY?
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What are you most comfortable with? Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, or Paint? Why? What medium are you struggling with? Why? how can you move forward in your work with the UNCOMFORTABLE medium?
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: What have you added to this composition that is NEW to you? Something that you have NOT done in the past. Anything that is new…
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 2.3Ac: Redesign an object, system, place, or design in response to contemporary issues.
- How are you using geometric shapes in your life? How do you relate meaning to them? What are some shapes that are dominant in your life?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas might you have had about COLOR and Shape in the art you were creating?