What Difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look. Chuck Close
Painting and Advanced Painting: MID CRIT with your PAINTING on Social Commentary
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- As you look at your work in front of you, what are the aspects you struggled with? What have you soared with?
Reflection / Evaluation: Biggest accomplishment with the watercolor today? how have you seen stagnation – non-experimentation / growth as an artist so far?
Studio Art 360: Boxes/ Sculpture / Paper Mache
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- When you see the forms in a finished state, how do you see it as relating to your experience as a person – as part of the art making experience? How could you see it as a moving you forward in the art making experiences?
Reflection / Evaluation: What was your biggest success over these past two weeks working on the sculptural forms? What are 2 criteria you would set up for yourself as a GRADING criteria?
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design.
- Knowing that you need to EXPERIMENT with a variety of materials and compositions… what are the additions or experiments that you have added to your composition so far this week.
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: What materials have you used today? How have you decided to arrange your composition? What are the elements you are looking at using / focusing on?
Drawing: CRIT – Polish and Finish – Let’s turn in our work!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What feelings do you get from specific pieces of music? Give some examples. Rap / Country / Reggae / Bossa Nova.
Reflection / Evaluation: What shapes did you struggle to find? What ideas did you find as you listened to the music?