What Difference does it make whether you’re looking at a photograph or looking at a still life in front of you? You still have to look. Chuck Close
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTING your Social Commentary
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- How do you feel that working with WATERCOLORS might take you to the next medium of Acrylic? Based on PAST EXPERIENCES… what similarities do you see being part of the process?
Reflection / Evaluation: Biggest accomplishment with the watercolor today? how have you seen GROWTH as an artist so far?
Studio Art 360: Boxes/ Sculpture / Paper Mache
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- Two weeks into sketchbooks – what are you accomplishing with the TOOLS drawing that you failed on in the CITYSCAPE – or what are you doing better in this week’s work?
Reflection / Evaluation: How have you SEEN your sculpture DIFFERENTLY now that you are DRAWING it versus BUILDING it? Do you have to continue working on it so that it is FINISHED for NEXT TUESDAY?
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 10.1Ad: Synthesize knowledge of social, cultural, historical, and personal life with art-making approaches to create meaningful works of art or design.
- Not knowing what your thoughts are about plants / flowers, know that they have been and will be a large and important image in art. Working to make sure you have a REAL connection with the images you make, what are your personal connections to the art or the making of the art?
Reflection / Evaluation: What materials have you used today? What were the focal points of the drawings for the day.
Drawing: CRIT – Let’s Review the PROCESS!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Think about yesterday’s critique… How can you CONTINUE to consider the ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES to be a successful and productive member of the oral critique?
Reflection / Evaluation: How are you falling short of being able to REALLY add to the critique? THIS IS A PART OF YOUR GRADE!