Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTING – WRAP IT UP!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- Critique with the AP Studio Art Class – As an individual, what do you think you are going to struggle with the most in today’s (and tomorrow – and maybe Wednesday’s) Critique.
Reflection / Evaluation: 1) What might you do differently NEXT time you stretch a piece of paper to AVOID the challenges of squaring up the paper in the final step? 2) What difficulties did you have today in the REMOVAL of the watercolor painting from the board?
Studio Art 360: Boxes/ Sculpture / Paper Mache
- 7.1P: Hypothesize ways in which art influences perception and understanding of human experiences.
- What are THREE areas in your use of value from your SKETCHBOOK assignments that YOU feel are in need of SINCERE attention?
Reflection / Evaluation: Look back on the THREE areas of improvement, how did you do? Choose one and write 3 sentences about the success or failure! TURN in your WORKSHEETS!
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- G: 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Take a look at your classmates work – on the corkboards in the hallway and give them feedback / critique – using art terms (listed on the page handed out to you).
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: What did you take away from the critique today? Write down what you have taken from the written crit.
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- How are you using geometric shapes in your life? How do you relate meaning to them? What are some shapes that are dominant in your life?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas might you have had about COLOR and SHAPE in the art you were creating?