“Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” —Robert H. Schuller
Painting and Advanced Painting: PAINTING – MAT IT UP!
- .3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- What was helpful about 1) seeing your work from a distance and 2) hearing what others thought about the work you created?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are two things you took away from the critique today – whether it be about YOUR work or about another person’s work, written, heard, or observed?
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING – ONE WEEK OFF of SKETCHBOOK!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are you nervous, apprehensive, afraid of when it comes to drawing in perspective? I mean… what do you struggle with?
- COMPOSITION EXAMPLES: http://www2.waterforduhs.k12.wi.us/staffweb/art/Syllabus%20Pages/CompositionExamples.htm
Reflection / Evaluation: Of ALL the value scale drawings you created today, which one are you happiest with? WHY? What are TWO things you see as being developed successfully?
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Take a FEW MOMENTS and think about the work you have in front of you – your work. Like yesterday – think about and then write a brief self critique about your work, using the art terms on page 29 in the handbook. Work and try to resolve the images for Friday’s Critique.
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: What 2 things did you take away from the your personal critique today?
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What ONE bit of theory has stuck with you as we have talked about the works and ideas of Wassily Kandinsky? Are there any ideas that you feel you can use about his ideas on color and shape in your work as it is developed?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas do you have about COLOR and Shape in the art you are creating now that we have had some conversation and learning about the ideas of Wassily Kandinsky?