“Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” —Robert H. Schuller
Painting and Advanced Painting: Crit in the Gallery!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- FIRST Day of the Crit? What has been the most successful aspect or least successful part of your work? Be specific and thoughtful. EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWERS!
Reflection / Evaluation: From the critique today, what did you contribute? What are you taking away? How did you add to the conversation or experience?
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Look back at yesterday’s value studies and ideas, what part of the shading process are you having SUCCESS or STRUGGLES with? How so?Explain your thoughts.
Reflection / Evaluation: What went well today? Where did you struggle? Explain your thoughts here..
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- Hang your work up in the front of the room and then sit about 10 feet back from your work. Having taken the time to write yesterday and now looking at the artwork you have in front of you … how do you enter into today’s studio time thinking about with your drawing with the goals of finishing it up by tomorrow?
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: How do you feel about the work you are creating today? Three sentences (minimum) on the sticky note and staple it to your GOALS page.
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- Of the shapes we are using, which one is the strongest in your eyes? Why? Which shape describes a passive quality? Why?
Reflection / Evaluation: Have you begun to finda song? How are you beginning to use the ideas of color and shape to communicate your ideas from your song?