“Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” —Robert H. Schuller
Painting and Advanced Painting: Crit in the Gallery!
- 3.1Ac: Engage in constructive critique with peers, then reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art and design in response to personal artistic vision.
- What was helpful about 1) seeing your work from a distance and 2) hearing what others thought about the work you created?
Reflection / Evaluation: How do you see the discussion of the works as adding to the process of CREATING the artwork? If you do NOT see the benefit of an oral critique… WHY? If you do… WHY TOO?
Studio Art 360: Value and DRAWING!
Mrs. Davis… Please share this video with each class… I hope this works.
- 1.1P: Use multiple approaches to begin creative endeavors.
- Take a LONG HARD LOOK at your VALUES and then onto the grid drawing… What is happening with the FIGURE? The GROUND? The POSITIVE SPACE? The NEGATIVE SPACE? How does dealing with the background HELP the entire COMPOSITION?
Reflection / Evaluation: What SKILLS have you developed that will HELP you create a SUCCESSFUL drawing from your sculpture? Give 3 NEW or NEWLY REFINED skills and EXPLAIN!
AP Studio Art: Plants and Drawing! Time to WORK!
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- Take a look at your classmates work – walk around the classroom and look on the tables – give a comment on a sticky note to help your classmates understand the thoughts you are having about their work.
- Pace Gallery Website: http://www.pacegallery.com/newyork/exhibitions/12150/jim-dine-flowers-and-plants
- Alan Cristea Gallery: https://www.alancristea.com/collection-41-109-Plants-Andamp%3B-Trees
Reflection / Evaluation: What did you take away from the feedback from your classmates today? Write down 1 or two things your classmates gave you that is BENEFICIAL and helps you REFLECT on your ARTWORK.
Drawing: Kandinsky and Shapes!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What color schemes are you considering using n this work? What colors seems to fit the SONG you are thinking of? What shapes are you thinking of?
Reflection / Evaluation: What NEW ideas can you EXPRESS about COLOR and SHAPE in the art you created today? TOMORROW – SONGS! Come to class PREPARED with your MUSIC and HEADPHONES in HAND (ear).