“Unless you have a definite, precise, clearly set goals, you are not going to realize the maximum potential that lies within you.” — Zig Ziglar
Painting and Advanced Painting: Watercolors and You – Social Commentary and Collage
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What challenges did you have with the watercolors last week when it came to OBSERVATION of the REAL WORLD around you?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are 5 images you gathered today that say something about you? Consider the materials WE have in the Art Studio… magazines that may or may not have ANY interest to you. If you have materials that YOU can bring in… please do so. Rely on YOURSELF and not just the stuff Korb brings. If you do not supply images for yourself – DO NOT COMPLAIN that there are NO IMAGES YOU CAN USE.
Studio Art 360:Sketchbooks – BRING CARDBOARD FOR TOMORROW!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What is the difference between shape and form? There are a FEW OTHER terms we are going to cover in our textbook – terms that help up TALK about art.
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the strongest part of your sketchbook assignment that you created today? Filling out the Sketchbook Grading Sheet on the RIGHT SIDE of the GOALS Page… Use the ART TERMS you know.
AP Studio Art: Bag of Objects. How is your first CONCENTRATION going?
- 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Five parts to this weeks project (DUE ON MONDAY). What are you most comfortable with? Pencil, Charcoal, Pastel, or Paint? Why?
Reflection / Evaluation: What materials have you used today? How are the projects coming along?
Assignment ONLINE – Google Document – SHARE WITH ME at email@example.com! DUE ON FRIDAY. CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD EXAMPLE. READ THE BRIEF BLOG POST! Where do you see yourself artistically now, where in 5 Years? WE ARE USING THIS NEXT MONDAY ON THE AP WEBSITE! WOO HOO!
Drawing: Group of Objects – Scale, Composition, VALUE!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What are your biggest accomplishments as you worked last week? Where are the three successful aspects of the still life? What are the aspects that are not successful yet? Identify with your neighbor the absolute black, absolute white, and 3 different levels of grey.
Reflection / Evaluation: What have you learned today about how to push / pull space with value? What have you accomplished with pencil? What is SUCCESSFUL in your drawing?