What is Art? – “Art is the concrete representation of our most subtle feelings.” Anges Martin, Art In America (p.124, 1996)
Folder: Everyone – Page 30. Let’s talk about Artists Habit of Mind.
Painting and Advanced Painting: Watercolor! PAINT! Get out there!
- 1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
- What color schemes, techniques are you using to UNIFY the work as you develop it? How are you getting STARTED? Let’s BRIEFLY TALK and then OUT TO PAINT.
Reflection / Evaluation: Describe the biggest successes and failures you have had with this first painting. What skills did you use that you remember from the earlier classes in art? Use BIG ART TERMS as you critique this work?
Studio Art 360: 6th Hour – Info Sheets on Extra Computers in the room if not done at home
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What are you doing in your composition to FULLY ACTIVATE the background? Shapes, Texture, Color, Lines, Circles? Allow yourself to EXPERIMENT!
Reflection / Evaluation: What is the strongest part of your artwork that you created this week? Use the ART TERMS you know.
AP Studio Art: Bag of Objects! What are you making?
- 1.2Ad: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices, following or breaking established conventions, to plan the making of multiple works of art and design based on a theme, idea, or concept.
- What makes your artwork based on a single object interesting or worthwhile? Why THIS object or idea?
Reflection / Evaluation: What challenges do you have when you are working on more than one composition at a time? What is easy about the use of a common theme?
Assignment ONLINE – Google Document – SHARE WITH ME at email@example.com! DUE ON MONDAY. CLICK HERE FOR A GOOD EXAMPLE. READ THE BRIEF BLOG POST! Where do you see yourself artistically now, where in 5 Years?
Drawing: Group of Objects – Scale, Composition, VALUE!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What do you hope to accomplish with your drawing today?
Reflection / Evaluation: What are 2 differences you have found with using DRAWING pencils in today’s drawing time VERUS simply using a mechanical or standard #2 pencil?