Happy Youth Art Month: Students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement. For more information visit http://www.thriveart.com/facts
AP Studio Art: Online and Statement
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- Online challenges – how are you hitting the mark with your ONLINE statement OR how are you falling a bit short? Let’s get the computers up and running before you answer these questions..
How do you get to the AP Website that allows you to work on ALL OF THIS BY YOURSELF? If you forget… how can you remember?
You can access it HERE today – otherwise go to the top of our page – use the DROP DOWN MENU – Hover over AP Sstudio Art – and select the AP LOGIN
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus Drawing – Oskar Schlemmer
- 2.2Ad: Demonstrate understanding of the importance of balancing freedom and responsibility in the use of images, materials, tools, and equipment in the creation and circulation of creative work.
- Of the drawings you have developed – How are you seeing the LARGER IDEAS of the redesign of the building helping you to create a STRONG interior drawing? Perspective is going to be VERY important here! ALSO – Looking at Oskar Schlemmer’s works – notice his use of the FIGURE – You will be incorporating that style / that idea of A figure – multiple figures – into your drawing. I recommend that you figure it out in the THUMBNAIL first.
What do you need to do to your drawing from today to get into the OIL PASTELS by Wednesday? This will be DUE TWO WEEKS FROM TODAY!
Drawing: Online Presentation of the Images. INTRO to ARTIST STATEMENT HERE!
Using Google Presentation together – HERE. Monday is the day we start… tuesday we will finish (unless we are done today). Log in and pay attention.
- 4.2Ac: Analyze, select, and critique personal artwork for a collection or portfolio presentation.
- What did you take away from the KANDINSKY / BAUHAUS / der Blau Reider project? How can you see using these skills, understanding, knowledge in the future of your artmaking career?
What did writing about your image / ideas do to help you understand the ideas you were trying to communicate VISUALLY?
Studio Art 360: Collage WRAP UP!
- 6.1P: Analyze and describe the impact that an exhibition or collection has on personal awareness of social, cultural, or political beliefs and understandings.
- What are you seeing about your collage as being a NEW skill / a NEW understanding / a NEW technique that you might take into the future of your art making toolbox?
What is the ONE area of the collage that you see yourself as carrying into the BAS RELIEF Sculpture? How do you hope to see this as carrying the SOCIAL COMMENTARY forward?