Happy Youth Art Month: Fun Art Fact of the Day: Salvador Dali believed he was his dead brother’s reincarnation. There is also a portrait or a silhouette of Dali in every one of his paintings. He produced over 1500 paintings, many of them regarded as masterpieces, and pretty much single handily kept the mainstream surrealist movement alive. http://thedali.org/
AP Studio Art: Let’s Paint a SET – Get out of the Studio!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- Best part of yesterday? What do you hope to accomplish for today?
Best part of the day… This week is about the set and painting – just be aware of all that you are doing as a GROUP!
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus
- 3.1Ad: Reflect on, re-engage, revise, and refine works of art or design considering relevant traditional and contemporary criteria as well as personal artistic vision.
- How might understanding the PAST ideas of DESIGN and ART help you to create your own NEW and INNOVATIVE works of art?
What characteristics do you see as being a major part in the REDESIGN of our building? How do you see it relating the one of the styles we looked at and spoke about?
Drawing: Oil Pastels! INTRO to ARTIST STATEMENT HERE!
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context and 4.4.3 meanings showing understanding of the work of various art professionals*
- Review your HOMEWORK for today… Do you have ONE major theme that you can see coming out of your writing that will help you with your WELL CRAFTED STATEMENT for the ONLINE / GROUP presentation?
If you had to choose ONE THING about this project that really stood out, that really made you think and grow… what did you take away from this DEEP and CHALLENGING project?
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! TODAY’s SKETCHBOOK is DUE on MONDAY! – Example HERE!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- Thank back upon the last time you used clay… what do you know / remember / think / like / dislike about using CLAY?
What are three challenges you see translating your collage into the ceramic Bas Relief Sculpture?