Happy Youth Art Month: Fun Art Fact of the Day: In a short period of only ten years Vincent van Gogh made approximately 900 paintings. He just sold one (maybe two) paintings during his lifetime “Red Vineyard at Arles,” around 1890 for 400 francs (about $1000 current US dollars). In terms of current value – it may be second only to Leonardo da Vinci’s “Mona Lisa” – Priceless. . Visit ArtWithKorb.com for more information.
AP Studio Art: Let’s Paint a SET – Get out of the Studio!
- 4.2Ad: Critique, justify, and present choices in the process of analyzing, selecting, curating, and presenting artwork for a specific exhibit or event.
- Best part of yesterday / the past TWO days?
Best part of the day… This week is about the set and painting – just be aware of all that you are doing as a GROUP!
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- Are you ready to move this work up to the large paper? How is your understanding of perspective helping you (or lack of understanding getting in the way)? How are you inspired by the European Architecture we have looked at?
What is an aspect of the BAUHAUS design that you find interesting enough to EMPHASIZE into your drawing?
Drawing: Oil Pastels! INTRO to ARTIST STATEMENT HERE!
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context and 4.4.3 meanings showing understanding.
- What is ONE MAJOR difference in your ideas and Kandinsky’s.
How has having a purpose behind your work helped you or hindered you in creating a work of abstract art (two or three thoughts please)? Think about how you use this response in your artist statement?
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! TODAY’s SKETCHBOOK is DUE on MONDAY! – Example HERE!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are the SPECIFICS about the SOCIAL TOPIC that you and came up with and you are RESOLVING today?
How do you feel translating the idea of COLLAGE to SCULPTURE is going to be challenging?