Happy Youth Art Month: Contemporary artist David Hockney has controversially proposed that Johannes Vermeer, from the Golden Age of Dutch Painting, used a forerunner of the camera during the 16th century, known as the Camera Obscura. While camera work is frowned upon by many fine artists today, Vermeer used images from that camera to project the scene he was to paint onto his canvas – nearly 200 years before the invention of the contemporary camera. Read the article from VANITY FAIR HERE!
AP Studio Art: Critique and then…
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life. A: What did you see when you looked at your first 3 that you see as areas you have grown? N: PEER CRIT / Eval A:None G: You had a lot to think about today… What did you take a away?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- Taking the ideas / Image Look-up and Response from last night – how can you REDESIGN the architecture in the building to better reflect the BAUHAUS while still being recognizable as WUHS? I am really making you think. I recommend that the redesign happens in the SKETCHBOOK before it gets to the large paper.
What have you done to REDESIGN our space?
Drawing: Oil Pastels! INTRO to ARTIST STATEMENT HERE!
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context and 4.4.3 meanings showing understanding of the work of various art professionals*
- What are the BEST things you have come up with in this artwork
What is your FAVORITE part of this overall DEEP and difficult project? What are you HAPPIEST and MOST SATISFIED with and WHY? 3 reasons!
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! TODAY’s SKETCHBOOK is DUE on MONDAY! – Example HERE!
- 10.1P: Document the process of developing ideas from early stages to fully elaborated ideas.
- What are you doing to SUCCESSFULLY create a REAL sense of SPACE in your COMPOSITION?
What are 3 things about your work that help DEFINE and EXPLAIN the larger social topic that you are trying to communicate? Write these out please.