Happy Youth Art Month: Picasso’s breakthrough into Cubism Les Demoiselles d’Avignon, 1907 spent a good portion of its early life rolled up in Picasso’s studio, largely unseen for 37 years! Now a prized part of Art History.
AP Studio Art: Critique and then…
- 7.1Ad: Analyze how responses to art develop over time based on knowledge of and experience with art and life.
- How has this last concentration worked for you? While I am a GOOD voice in the conversation – I’d like you five to do a REALLY strong CRIT of your CURRENT 3 works in DIRECT COMPARISON to your FIRST 3 works (or the earliest set you can find
You had a lot to think about today… What did you take a away?
Advanced Drawing: Bauhaus
- 2.3Ad: Demonstrate in works of art or design how visual and material culture defines, shapes, enhances, inhibits, and/or empowers people’s lives.
- What aspects of perspective are giving you a challenge? We are going to look more carefully at the BAUHAUS and how they used design.
ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT! FIND 5 examples of BAUHAUS Architecture – Wite out 5 words for each to describe them – How will this homework help YOU understand the ideas of BAUHAUS design?
Drawing: Oil Pastels!
- 4.4 evaluate and interpret your art for relationships in 4.4.1 form 4.4.2 context and 4.4.3 meanings showing understanding
- What were the similarities and differences in your ideas and Kandinsky’s
What are your STRONGEST successes with today’s drawing?
By The Way… Share your STILL LIFE DRAWINGS by visiting them HERE.
Kandinsky at MAM – HERE
Studio Art 360: Romare Bearden and Social Commentary
- 1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
- What are the textures you are hoping to work into your collage (remember that this will be translated into a SCULPTURE)?
How is the collage coming along? What is ONE VERY SUCCESSFUL aspect to the work SO FAR? What is one area you are having a CHALLENGE with?