“Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
AP Studio Art – Art and Fear – Make your ART!
- G: 2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
- Look through your chapter in the the book again – is there anything else in the chapter that is standing out to you? Is there a way you can work a second or third idea into the current work – cover more topics?
REVIEW The ideas with your classmates that you are working on. How do you see the ideas growing from your initial ideas?
Advanced Drawing: Let’s pin up our Abstraction and Pastels and talk!
- G: 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What are the challenges you have had with the pastels and charcoal so far? What skills have you learned? What skills are you needing to continue developing?
REFLECT on the STRENGTHS of your use of your Color scheme and how you are using it successfully throughout. What are your plans as you move forward?
Drawing: Still Life -Time to draw the FINAL WORK!
- 2.1Ac: Through experimentation, practice, and persistence, demonstrate acquisition of skills and knowledge in a chosen art form.
- What did you accomplished yesterday? What are the differences in drawing materials – in your own words? N: Hands on use of a variety of materials. A: Boxes and Sphere drawings OBSERVATION.
How does it feel to get that BLANK sheet of paper and then get instructed to get to work? What FEARS did you face as you got started?
Studio Art 360: Construction Time!
- 2.1P: Engage in making a work of art or design without having a preconceived plan.
- What are your plans to get at least ONE of the forms constructed today? Are you going to get all the cardboard cut first or are you going to work on one, finish it, and then move onto another? What’s your plan of attack? Allow yourself to EXPERIMENT!
What parts of CONSTRUCTING your sculpture are you having success with right now? What areas are you struggling with? Use the ART TERMS you know.