“We’ve gotten to the point where we think the camera can capture anything at all…Well, it can’t really. The camera can’t compete with painting at all. The paintings are much more vivid about the place than photographs are.” – David Hockney
Art Foundations: Lets be POSITIVE about the NEGATIVE
- 1.4.1 analyze artwork into its basic elements of positive and negative space
- 6.2 compare characteristics of the visual arts from pre-Renaissance through the Renaissance to today.
DUE MONDAY – Two Point Perspective – The Cube
DUE TUESDAY – Two Point Perspective – Windows and Doors
What challenges did you feel as you worked through the ideas of Positive Negative Space? TWO POINT PERSPECTIVE VIDEOs for the Weekend. Come with TWO SUCCESSFUL PAGES from the Online video for Tuesday!
Drawing: Listen – write, Look – write, Measure – write, Draw – write
- 3.1 reflect on how art differs and describe how it relates to history and cultures
- 3.2 apply subjects, symbols, and ideas in art and use skill to solve visual challenges
What NEW ideas might you have had about the use of SHAPE or the creation / inspiration for IMAGERY in art?
AP Studio Art: WORK – Shhhhhh… Mr. Korb will leave you alone.
- (2.2) Evaluate the effectiveness of artwork.
- 1.4.3 evaluation [critique] (formative and summative reflections about your artwork) of your artwork through digital media. (Technology Operations and Concepts and Communication and Collaboration)
Share with your neighbor the plans and advancements for this and the next pieces… Scary huh?