“Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.”
— President Barack Obama
ALL LATE WORK WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH THURSDAY! ANYTHING AFTER THAT WILL BE A ZERO IN THE GRADE BOOK. PERIOD.
Art Foundations: Pattern and Line… What do you need to do to get your pattern up to speed? What pattern are you using to represent yourself?
PUT YOUR PORTRAIT OUT AT THE TOP OF THE DESK PLEASE. PRINT YOUR NAME IN THE UPPER CORNER!
Alexander Calder’s Google Doodle:
- 1.1 apply media, techniques, and processes with (1.1.1) skill so that your ideas are executed well
- (1.2) create art that demonstrates an understanding of how your ideas relate to the 1.2.1 materials and 1.2.2 techniques
What forced you to think about the medium of watercolor and what it could and could not do? Where did you find challenges in the process? What was COOL about the use of the material? What was UNCOOL about it?
Drawing: Analysis – The second part of the critique… what is it to describe something? What is it to Analyze?
PREZI PRESENTATION – WRITTEN CRITIQUE
EXCELLENT EXAMPLES HERE:
- (2.1.4) form criticism about artwork that work to accomplish an understanding of generalized value, ratios, portrait (Analysis)
- 1.4 solve charcoal grid drawing challenges using 1.4.1 analysis and 1.4.2 synthesis 1.4.3 evaluation.
Self –evaluation – What have you taken from the crit. written by yourself? What do you need to finish up for Monday’s critique? Use the 4 step process and really examine the others drawings. Make photographs at the same time.
AP Studio Art: CRITIQUE – What have you added? Was it up to snuff? Was it as quality as you would like to have said about your art?
- 2.2 evaluate the effectiveness of artworks
What were the biggest impressions you had from the classmate’s works? What were the most difficult things you felt as you presented your work? Conversation between classmates about the 2 questions for your exam. How does this work relate to your concentration?