“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
Drawing: Soft Pastels
1.2Ac: Choose from a range of materials and methods of traditional and contemporary artistic practices to plan works of art and design.
Of the shapes we are using, which one is STRONG and why? Which shape describes a passive quality? Why? Are you using Impression, Improvisation, or Composition? What about the use of shapes? Melodic or Symphonic?
How are you beginning to use the ideas of color and shape to communicate your ideas from your song?
- Blending ANALOGOUS colors with and without finger blending
- Blending COMPLEMENTS with and without finger blending
- Straight and Curved lines with the TIPS and with the SIDES of the pastels
- Filling large areas with a color and then doing smaller details over the top with another DIFFERENT color
- Blending with CIRCULAR marks as well as BACK AND FORTH marks
- Using PAPER as a masking tool
- Adding a WHITE HIGHLIGHT over a darker colored surface
- Working UPRIGHT on an easel versus on the FLAT on a table top
- Cleaning your pastels with paper towel
- Experiment on your own – use your initial images of SKETCHING for the VISUAL experiment inspiration
- CLEANING with SPRAY and a CLOTH RAG – that’s not an exercise but a technique that will clean a lot faster than paper towel
Studio Art 360: Character Mugs
1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
What was your FAVORITE or LEAST FAVORITE part of working with clay. Please tell me WHY you LOVE or DON’T LOVE using this Clay. Please be specific.
What was the most challenging part of working with ceramics / clay as you created your mug? What are three things that working with this material challenged you with?
DUE END OF CLASS TODAY.
Advanced Drawing: Figure Drawing and the GESTURE
2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
Look at the series of works from yesterday… how have you begun to see the figure differently? Are you thinking about the the FORM in a different fashion than you had earlier?
What did taking an entire minute away from your drawings do for you? Harder? Easier? What did you have to do DIFFERENTLY?
AP Studio Art: WORK on CONCENTRATION
Reflect: Learning to think and talk with others about an aspect of one’s work or working process, and learning to judge one’s own work and working process and the work of others.
What response do you have regarding your studio mate’s works – really – that can help them see things that they might not see – things that might help them continue to learn from their own works and marks? Take 5 minutes and walk around – take a look – make some thoughts for MONDAY (the extended deadline).
Brayden – This group of Photos is for YOU.
WHAT’s the Assignment? If you need another 1, 2, or 3 concentration works – this is your assignment (one at the minimum). You will have your WEBSITE updated with 12 concentration works – PERIOD. You will rework your statements and answers to the AP Questions… ALL DUE on APRIL 3 for CRITIQUE & PRESENTATION.