“Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding the twentieth.” — Julie Andrews
Drawing: Soft Pastels
7.2Ac: Evaluate the effectiveness of an image or images to influence ideas, feelings, and behaviors of specific audiences.
Reflect on YESTERDAY as you began your ideas on paper. What are your OVERALL IDEAS that you hope to communicate?
Biggest struggle / success for today? Write it out and the WHY!
- Blending ANALOGOUS colors with and without finger blending
- Blending COMPLEMENTS with and without finger blending
- Straight and Curved lines with the TIPS and with the SIDES of the pastels
- Filling large areas with a color and then doing smaller details over the top with another DIFFERENT color
- Blending with CIRCULAR marks as well as BACK AND FORTH marks
- Using PAPER as a masking tool
- Adding a WHITE HIGHLIGHT over a darker colored surface
- Working UPRIGHT on an easel versus on the FLAT on a table top
- Cleaning your pastels with paper towel
- Experiment on your own – use your initial images of SKETCHING for the VISUAL experiment inspiration
- CLEANING with SPRAY and a CLOTH RAG – that’s not an exercise but a technique that will clean a lot faster than paper towel
Studio Art 360: Character Mugs and COLOR WHEEL
1.2P: Shape an artistic investigation of an aspect of present-day life using a contemporary practice of art or design.
If you ABSOLUTELY need 15 minutes to wrap up your ceramic work… take it. OTHERWISE – In your HANDBOOK – Answer the following questions: 1) What are the three PRIMARY colors? 2) What are the three SECONDARY colors? 3) List three WARM Colors. 4) List three COOL colors.
What was the biggest challenge you had with using clay and creating a three dimensional artwork – PAUSE 10 minutes before the end of class.
Advanced Drawing: Figure Drawing and the GESTURE
2.1Ad: Experiment, plan, and make multiple works of art and design that explore a personally meaningful theme, idea, or concept.
How did you struggle with the drawing from yesterday? What do you see as TWO benefits from learning how to GESTURE DRAW?
What strengths did you develop in your drawing today? What three things do you look at with your drawing and say – “Hey… that’s not so bad!”
AP Studio Art: WORK on CONCENTRATION
Reflect: Learning to think and talk with others about an aspect of one’s work or working process, and learning to judge one’s own work and working process and the work of others.
I gave you time to work yesterday and today – MAKE THE MOST OF IT. What do you need to do today?
WHAT’s the Assignment? If you need another 1, 2, or 3 concentration works – this is your assignment (one at the minimum). You will have your WEBSITE updated with 12 concentration works – PERIOD. You will rework your statements and answers to the AP Questions… ALL DUE on APRIL 3 for CRITIQUE & PRESENTATION.